Following the BRICS summit, where the heads of state discussed and adopted joint documents, the 7th BRICS Trade Union Forum opened in Durban where the most urgent challenges facing national trade union centres of the five countries are being discussed.
The plenary session was opened by Bheki Ntshalintshali, General Secretary of the Confederation of South African Trade Unions (COSATU).
The topics discussed at the Forum are:
- Investing in people, social and economic infrastructure and environmental responsibility for sustainable development;
- Skills development, innovations and means of information- and communication technologies;
- Decent work, effective collective bargaining and social protection;
- Full employment and job creation;
- Participation of trade unions and representation of all social partners for effective social dialogue;
- Democratic, ethical and effective governance - public and private - towards a new, transparent, accountable and comprehensive international multilateral system.
The delegates are to discuss the text of 7th BRICS Trade Union Forum Declaration which will be forwarded to BRICS leaders.
Trade unions delegates consultation. 3rd Annual Meeting of BRICS Labour and Employment Ministers in Chongqing
Delegates of national trade union centres from all BRICS countries were given an opportunity to express their views on the issues on LEMM agenda and to engage in open exchange with the ministers and employer representatives.
Representatives of national trade union centres from Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa discussed topical issues of cooperation within BRICS during the international trade union workshop held on November 14-15, 2016 in Johannesburg (South Africa).
Trade unions delegates consultation on the fields of BRICS labor and employment ministers' Meeting. New Delhi, September 2016.
On September 26-27, 2016 the 2nd BRICS Labour and Employment Ministers’ Meeting took place in New Delhi with a meeting of BRICS trade union representatives held on its sidelines.